Protection is necessary to have fun when you own a motorcycle. That’s why it’s so important to have an insurance policy that fits your needs and provides peace of mind.
From the basic coverage options to the strategies you can use to lower your premiums, this guide will provide you with the the facts you need to know to make sense of motorcycle insurance.
Most states require you to carry a minimum of liability coverage, although this may change depending on the state. However, since liability covers only damage or injury to other people, it’s important to consider the full spectrum of coverage options in order to protect yourself and your passengers.
- Liability covers bodily injury and property damage you may cause to other people during an accident. As mentioned above, liability coverage doesn’t cover you or your motorcycle.
- Collision insurance covers damage to your motorcycle in a collision with another vehicle
- Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by accidents other than a collision. This coverage is usually required by lenders when you finance your motorcycle.
- Coverage for customized motorcycle parts is an attractive option for many bikers, since some policies cover only factory standard parts.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage pays damages to you and your motorcycle caused by another driver who is uninsured or doesn’t have adequate insurance.
How to Lower my Premium?
Some of the factors that impact your premium are your age, your driving record, the age of your motorcycle and the number of miles you ride every year.
There are some strategies you can consider if you want to lower your insurance premium. For example:
- Choose a higher deductible: As with other forms of insurance, choosing a higher deductible is one of the most straightforward ways to lower your premium.
- Training course discounts: Depending on your type of motorcycle, you may get a discount after successfully completing a rider course.
- Multi-bike discounts: You can save if you insure more than one motorcycle. In some cases, getting your policy from your home or auto insurer may qualify you for this type of discount.
This guide has provided you with the basic concepts of Motorcycle Insurance. However, it’s important to contact an expert to help you go beyond the elemental facts and find the best policy for you.
At La Popular Insurance we offer motorcycle, auto, home, commercial, health and life insurance. With 26 years of experience, we provide extremely qualified assistance at an affordable price. Contact us today by email or telephone ( 323-566-5063 , 562-928-1960, 323-773-9793 ) to discover more about our wide range of services.